Social Media plays an important role in everyone’s life. However, the impacts of social media on youth in a society a great deal in terms of morals, behavior and even education-wise.
What is Social Media?
Social media is the latest way of communication. It enables a person to communicate with rest of the world and to share his/her thoughts, ideas, dreams and interests. Nowadays Social media used for both informal and formal communication. Social media platforms used online through the internet. It has become the easiest way of communication. One can chat, comment, post videos, and photos, upload status, etc. Social media has changed the traditional way of communication as it has made the world a small place because now through Social media one can get in touch with another person very easily no matter how far the person is living. Some most popular Social media platforms are Facebook, snap chat, Instagram, Youtube, Tumblr, Telegram, Reddit, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. Social media also have its own impacts on the youth as well as the other section of the society.
Social Media has become the virtual identity of a person.
There is no doubt that Social media has given a new virtual identity to each and every user. Many people have become popular with the help of social media platforms. And social media has helped many people to make a new and unique identity. But nowadays social media has influenced a major portion of the world’s population. A person identified by his/her social media profiles. Many people are not recognized by society if he/she does not have a profile on social media. Social media helps a person to reconnect with his/her old friends by just typing their name in the search bar. Social media comprise all the sections of the society which includes old, young, kids.
Impacts of Social Media on the youth
There are many positive impacts of social media on the youth. Some of them are as follows :
- Social media helps the Education system as students are able to attend virtual classes if they cannot attend classes in the institutes. It also helps the teacher to provide information to the students regarding the important notice. Moreover, students are able to get useful resources for information on the internet.
- Social media plays an important aspect for many organizations because they can use the social media platform for advertising their products and services online. They advertise their products and services by running advertisement and campaigns on the websites. The main objective of an organization to use the social platform is to aware the society about its products and services
- These platforms also used by the government in order to spread awareness among the people about the new additions in the schemes and manifesto of the ruling government. Moreover, they use social media platforms to inform the people about the benefits they are going to provide in the upcoming events.
- Social media platforms also help in increasing job opportunities as it provides information to the society about the new additions, vacancies that are available for them. It has already created thousands of jobs.
- It is proven that social media platforms are the leading platforms in making awareness among the people about everything.
Earning from Social Media
Nowadays, Youth also earns from social media sites. As you saw that most of the youth create videos and earn from it. If you also want to earn from social media sites you can learn the techniques by joining Wamp Digital Marketing Institute.
From the above information, we get to the conclusion that social media is the best way of communication in the 21st century but it is only helpful if it used for an ethical purpose otherwise it is a harmful platform.