Let us begin with the comparison!
If you want to start your career as a blogger then it’s never too late to start blogging. However, starting a blog is easier nowadays than in earlier times. The most confusing part in initially to pick among Blogger vs WordPress. So, let us understand the difference, blogger is a very simple process it allows you to create a blog and publish it immediately. On the other hand, WordPress is a full drag & drop process with tools, theme installation, Content Management System and much more. Both of them have unique pros & cons.
In this blog, WAMP Institute tells you about Blogger vs WordPress. We also explain the Pros and Cons of both the platforms, how these platforms work and help you to choose the best among them.
About Blogger- Blogger is a product owned by Google and it is totally free of cost. In this service, anyone can create their blog in few steps. Your blog is maintained and hosted by Google so they take care of everything. This is one of the simplest ways to start blogging.
About WordPress- WordPress is an open platform for everyone; they can create an account and start a blog or website. It is available in both free as well as paid versions. This is hosted by WordPress itself. Nowadays, WordPress is one of the most demanded platforms for blogging.
The pros & cons of Blogger vs WordPress
Now it’s time to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of both the platforms. We will explain the pros & cons of Blogger vs WordPress. It might help you to choose among them for your blogging. First, we start for Blogger & then move on to WordPress.
Pros of Blogger
- It is very quick & simple to get started; you can create a blog within minutes.
- All the primary features are available after the signup.
- You don’t need any domain or hosting & because of this, it is a 100% free solution.
- Personalizing your blog feature is also available but with limited features.
Cons of Blogger
- You can’t changes too much because of the basic functionality of the platform.
- Customization features of the blog are very restricted.
- You don’t have the right to own your content fully because it’s all hosted by Google server.
As you can see above Blogger is really good when it comes to starting your blog quickly but the customization features are very less & restricted. Now, it’s time to have a look at the Pros & Cons of WordPress.
Pros of WordPress
- It requires more work then blogger but still, it is a painless process & pretty quick to start blogging.
- This platform is easy to use for beginners and also easy to learn, especially if you are using this platform for a simple blog.
- There are plenty of customization options available in the form of themes & plugins.
- If you are a developer, WordPress also allows you to add custom code and features of the blog.
Cons of WordPress
- Starting a blog in WordPress site requires a small investment. They also offer free hosting but I won’t recommend free hosting for serious blogging.
- You are responsible to ensure that your site is secure and performs well.
Hopefully, these points give you an idea of Blogger vs WordPress. Now, it is time to decide which platform you should use.
How to choose among Blogger vs WordPress?
Blogger & WordPress both have their importance and are useful for different users. However, if you want to know which one is best for you. So, if you have a very simple hobby of blogging then Blogger is good for you. It starts in few steps and for this, you don’t have to pay anything to anyone. You don’t have to worry about hosting or domain and also not take care of technical parts. You are not allowed to do much also with this platform. Therefore, if you want your blog is a part of your career then you have to go with WordPress. If you want to create your Business website, online store, portfolio then WordPress is better for you because Blogger will not provide all the features you will require.
Read Also: Tips for Content Writing
Choosing a better platform for your sites is not a simple thing. There are many platforms available nowadays but you will hear the most about Blogger and WordPress. When deciding among Blogger vs WordPress here is a quick recap of what you will need to know:
Blogger- This is totally free, easy to use and create a blog within minutes. If you start blogging for time pass purpose and it is not your serious hobby, then, Blogger is the best platform for you.
WordPress- If you want to start your career as a blogger and you are serious about it then you have to choose WordPress and it provides you a customization option. So, you can customize your website as per your requirements. This platform requires a little more time as compared to the blogger to start your blog. It provides many advanced features to the customers.